Application forms are available from the school office or from the Trafford website, and may be completed after the child’s first birthday. Parents will be informed by letter from the nursery when a place becomes available for their child, following the child’s third birthday.
The nursery class serves the needs of any child in Partington – not just those living within the ‘zone’ of our school. A copy of the Nursery Admissions application form is available for parents – please ask at the office or download Early Years Foundation Registration Form.
It must be noted that a place in the Nursery of any school does not guarantee a place in the main school.
Eligibility for 30 hours free childcare
3 and 4 year old children are eligible for 30 hours free childcare from September 2017 where their household meets the following eligibility criteria:
• Both parents are working or one parent is working in lone parent families. This is defined as earning the equivalent of 16 hours per week on national minimum wage/national living wage, but less than £100,000 per year. This applies for self-employed and zero hour contracts.
• Both parents are employed but one or both of them are temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
• Both parents are employed but one or both of them are temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay.
• One parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring.
• One parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on specific benefits.
Parents who access tax credits, universal credit, tax-free childcare and other schemes to help pay for any additional childcare will be eligible for 30 hours
Applying for funding
It is parent/carers responsibility to apply for funding. To access funding for your child please visit the website address below as soon as possible.
All offers of 30 hours free entitlement are subject to confirmation of eligibility.
Understanding the dates for the 30 hour code
When you use the Early Years Provider Hub to check a code is valid there will be some dates included in the result:
• Validity Start Date: this is the date the parent was issued with the code by HMRC
• Validity End Date: this is the date the parent must reconfirm their eligibility with HMRC
• Grace Period End Date: this is the date up to which a child will be guaranteed a 30 hours place, even if the parent should fall out of eligibility. Grace period end dates will always be the end of term so either: 31 December; 31 March or 31 August.
Children cannot start to receive extended hours in the next term if the grace period end date is showing as the end of the current term. For example: If you check a code for a child due to start extended hours in Spring 2018 but the grace period end date is showing as 31 December 2017 this means the parent has not yet reconfirmed their eligibility with HMRC. We cannot offer the funded extended hours in spring until parents do this, at which point the date will change.
More information click Eligibility for 30 hours free childcare
Nursery parents/carers please remember that the application process for children, born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016, to start primary school in September 2020, opened on 26 August 2019. The closing date for all Primary school Applications is 15 January 2020.
This year as last, the LA has not provided paper application forms. This is because of the level of duplication in the system in the past, where the vast majority of parents apply online and then a significant number also submit a paper application.
Instead, the LA is providing guidance notes on how to access the online system and advising the very few parents that do not have access to the internet, to contact the School Admissions Team for assistance.
Trafford’s composite prospectus is available to view on the Trafford website and hard copies are available on request from the School Admissions Team.
NB – Non Trafford Residents: Please note that Trafford’s online system can only accept applications from Trafford residents. Parents of children resident in other authorities must submit their application to their own home authority. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact them on 0161 912 5007.
In line with the Trafford policy all parents must apply for a place at the school of their choice. Places are allocated according to the criteria set by the authority. An application form is sent automatically to the Nursery for those children eligible for full time school or parents can apply online at http://www.trafford.gov.uk
Parents who are not granted a place have the right to appeal. Children who attend the school nursery have many chances to visit the Reception classroom so that it is familiar to them.
Children who have not attended the nursery will be offered the opportunity to visit. It is important that when children enter full time school it is an exciting and enjoyable experience.
Prior to entry parents are invited to meet the head teacher and foundation staff to discuss the curriculum, the organisation of the school day and other relevant matters. This is an opportunity to ask questions and voice concerns. All children enter school in the September of the academic year in which they are five years old. Children entering school at other times of the year may only do so once an application for admission has been accepted. Parents and children are welcome to visit the school prior to that starting date.
For additional information go to http://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/schools/school-admissions/admissions.aspx